Sunday, April 6, 2014

21st Century Skills

My experience in the classroom, both as a student and an observer, will help me to instill 21st century skills in my students. In my experience, kids often wonder why they are doing certain activities in school or why they have to learn a certain concept. I have heard students say, "where are we ever going to use this in the real world?" Because of this, I will address this question before they have a chance to ask it. No one buys a product without know what it does or how it can be applied. When introducing a knew concept I will show students why it matters and in what ways they could use it later.



Social studies specifically deals with world communication and cultures, which are very applicable skills in our world today. I look forward to teaching these skills to teenagers and inspiring a desire to go abroad and apply these skills.

1 comment:

  1. I agree and I think you are going to be a great teacher and will excel in teaching students these skills among others that will help them in school and in life.

    ReplyDelete